Isabella Hill’s Outdoor Educational Adventure

Weekly Reflection 7

A digital portfolio is a portfolio that you are able to access online rather than a physical copy. Digital portfolios can also be used as evidence that showcases an individual’s skills, achievements, and learning experiences.The digital portfolio can include text documents, images, videos, audio recordings, links to websites, and more. These can be used to demonstrate progress and growth over time within the classroom to show parents what their children are learning within class, and able to show parents their child’s participation in class. 

I envision myself as a teacher using this platform as it is extremely accessible to parents, and can show a great growth journey of their child. Teachers can assess a student’s work, reflect on their learning journey, and provide feedback more effectively through digital portfolios. Platforms like seesaw can be beneficial as parents are able to refer back to their old work as well as be able to watch their growth over long periods of time. I know my parents enjoyed knowing what I was doing in class that day, and some days when I was asked “what did you do at school today?” and I replied “I don’t know”. With seesaw you are able to see exactly what your students did within their classroom and be able to ask more in depth questions about how they enjoyed the activities that they had done that day. The benefits of seesaw are that it’s user-friendly and designed specifically for K-12 education. In my experience, Seesaw allows students to upload a variety of content, including photos, videos, drawings, and written reflections. It also supports audio recordings and the integration of external apps and websites. Teachers can easily review and comment on student work, making the assessment process more interactive and informative.

Overall I believe that platforms like Seesaw have the potential to transform the learning and assessment process in the classroom, making it more personalized, reflective, and engaging for both students, parents, and teachers.

Try this app out in your classrooms!

https://web.seesaw.me